Frequently Asked Questions - Tenants
You must pay online via your portal. Now, remember it must be received ON OR BEFORE the 5th in order to avoid a late fee...
More information on HOW TO PAY RENT
Expand this section for detailed instructions.
1. Log in at ipmchico.com by clicking on the grey Login button in the upper right corner. 2. Under Tenant Login, click on Login to Tenant Portal. 3. Fill in your email and password and click Sign in. 4. Click the green Make payment button, either under Payments or Balance. 5. For monthly recurring payments, under Frequency select Monthly. 6. To pay with EFT, select the eCheck option under Pay with, and select either Checking or Savings. 7. To finish paying with EFT, enter your Routing number and Account number, which can be found on one of your bank checks, and select Review. 8. To pay with a credit or debit card, select the Credit card option (which will include a $10.00 fee), fill out your information, and select Review. 9. After reviewing, you will be able to confirm the payment and receive a receipt.
Expand this section for detailed instructions.
1. Log in at ipmchico.com by clicking on the grey Login button in the upper right corner. 2. Under Tenant Login, click on Login to Tenant Portal. 3. Fill in your email and password and click Sign in. 4. Click the green Make payment button, either under Payments or Balance. 5. To pay with a credit or debit card, select the Credit card option (which will include a $10.00 fee), fill out your information, and select Review. 6. After reviewing, you will be able to confirm the payment and receive a receipt.
Expand this section for detailed instructions.
1. Log in at ipmchico.com by clicking on the grey Login button in the upper right corner. 2. Under Tenant Login, click on Login to Tenant Portal. 3. Fill in your email and password and click Sign in. 4. You can view payments to your account under Transactions history. 5. Click on a specific payment for more information.
Expand this section for detailed instructions.
1. Log in at ipmchico.com by clicking on the grey Login button in the upper right corner. 2. Under Tenant Login, click on Login to Tenant Portal. 3. Fill in your email and password and click Sign in. 4. Click on Documents at the top of your screen. 5. Mouse over one of the listed lease documents and you will be able to click a Download button, or simply click on the name of the document for an instant download.
Read more about lease assumptions
You can give notice online
You can report a maintenance request online. Expand this section for detailed instructions.
To submit a maintenance request through the Tenant Portal (faster response and quicker service), log in to your account at ipmchico.com by clicking on the grey Login button in the upper right corner. 2. Under Tenant Login, click on Login to Tenant Portal. 3. Fill in your email and password and click Sign in. 4. Click on the Contact us button under Messages. 5. Describe your problem in the Message box with a relevant Subject title, and click Save message. 6. If you do not wish to log in to your Tenant Portal, go to ipmchico.com and under Tenants click Request Maintenance. 2. The maintenance request form will look like this: 3. Fill out all the relevant information, including the details of the problem in the Maintenance Issue box, and click Submit Request.
Yes, rent is still due the next month on the 1st-5th of the following month.
Welcome to IPM! If you have received a How To Pay Rent on or before the 1st of the month then you should be paying IPM. Mistakes do happen so if you do make a payment to your previous management company be sure to let us know so we can track down your payment.
Your previous management company should provide us with a copy of your lease, application and any move in conditions. If you have any concerns about documents being transferred over, please let us know and we discuss with you further.
If you want to move out and sign off the lease, but your room mates are planning, you will need to find someone to take over your portion of the lease. You will need to have your room mate's approval to sign off and sign this new tenant onto the lease. Once you have found someone to take over your portion of the lease, they will need to turn in application and get approved before we will be able to sign you off the lease. Once the approval for the new tenant is done, we will e-mail a room mates change form. There will be a room mate add to get the new tenant on and a room mate delete to sign you off the lease. All room mates need to sign this form before it is official. By signing the room mate change you will be forfeiting all rights to the deposit. It will be up to your to work out a deposit reimbursement with the new tenant.
If your parents plan to pay your rent, we encourage you to give them your tenant log in info so that they can log into your account and make a payment. If they plan to send in a paper check, there is a $5 handling fee.
Most of our homes are pet friendly, but be sure to check with us to make sure that your home accepts pets. We will need for you to submit an e-mail with a description and photo of the desired pet. We will submit the pet for approval and let you know. There is usually an additional pet deposit and pet rent. You can find more info on our pet policies here.
Everyone on the lease, room mates, significant others are all on the same lease ledger. So if you paid rent, one of your room mates may not have paid rent. Everyone is on a joint lease, meaning everyone is equally on the hook for the rent payment. Talk to your room mates and make sure you know who hasn't paid and see if they plan on making a payment. If no payment is made by the 6th, a 3 day notice will be served for everyone in the home. This is a notice that lets you know still have a remaining balance and unless paid within 3 business day, the eviction process will be start on your home. If you are having issues with room mates and payments, talk to us! We might be able to help.
Yes, they can. If you choose to move someone into your residence, that potential resident will have to contact us and submit an approved application, to be submitted on the current lease.
We typically have leases that go for 12 months or so. After this your lease is converted automatically to month to month. This means that after your initial lease term, you can serve a 30 day notice and your lease will be terminated. This also means that in most cases we can serve you a 30 day notice and your lease will be terminated.
Our policy is to have all property on 12 months leases, so near the end of your lease term (12 months typically) you will receive a letter asking if you will be renewing your lease or not (for another 12 months). If you choose not to review your lease, you may be served with a 30 day notice to vacate at the end of your lease term. Some renewal letters also serve as a 30 day notice, so please read them carefully. We want to work with you and we try to be as flexible as possible, so please contact us if you have any special circumstances or if you have questions about your lease.
A pre-walk thru is an opportunity for the current resident to have a IPM employee show what needs to be accomplished to receive the security deposit back. You will be provided with more information on this after you give your required 30 day notice.
Contact IPM for an appointment, and they can meet with you on 3 different occasions before your final walk thru.
IPM has 21 days to send a check with the total amount refunded, and an itemized written statement of the basis for, and the amount of, any security deposit received and the disposition of such security and shall return any remaining portion of such security to the Resident
Personal checks are NOT accepted. If you are unable to pay with EFT or Credit Card AND you can provide proof (such as a letter from a bank or credit agency) then your check will be accepted, without a $5 paper fee. If eligible, add $5 to your check and include your name, and the address and unit #.
Generally no, but please contact us if this is the case, there may be circumstances where this is possible.
Of course, we will have all your pertaining files in the office. We would be more than happy to email, whatever form you might need.
Yes, we can help, it is a $50.00 fee to have a IPM employee come out the property after hours to help.
Yes you may, as long as you include information explaining what months the check will be covering.
Except as provided by law, no repairs, decorating or alterations shall be done by Resident(s), without Lessor's prior written consent. Resident(s) shall notify Lessor in writing if any repair(s) or alteration(s) are contemplated. Decorations include, but are not limited to, painting, wallpapering, and hanging of murals or posters. Resident(s) shall hold Lessor harmless as to any mechanics lien recordation or proceeding caused by Resident(s).
Yes, if you are unable to change the detector please give us a call and we would be more than happy to come and take care of it for you.
All renters' insurance business seems about the same, we have found Allstate and Allied Insurance to be very informative and helpful.
Monday-Friday 10-2 and Saturday appointments be request. However, we are available at our office by appointment only. Please call to setup an appointment
No, this is illegal subletting and is prohibited in the state of California, unless you contact IPM and we ammend your lease agreement.
If you live at a property that accepts pets, you are more than welcome to contact IPM and answer the pet related questions, pay the additional pet security deposit, and provide IPM with the current vet vaccinations and a picture of the pet for our records at IPM. If your pet is accepted you must abide by the pet rules.
If you know you will be out of the area you are more than welcome to submit your rent check early to avoid a late fee. Or you may pay online. IPM is a very friendly online business!
Before and after a resident leaves the locks will be changed and a new key will be distributed to the new resident. It is a part of our turnover.
Yes, please contact us, and as a reward you as the current renter receives a "Refer a Friend Bonus!" At the lease signing of your friend you will receive cash as a thank you from IPM!
When you submit your application fee at the end of your application, it will usually say that it was unable to completely process the fee. We have to process it on our end before it will completely go through. If there is an issue with your payment. We will contact you. But usually once you click submit you are good to go. After you submit your application, keep an eye out for an email from us, we will let you know if we need anything else.
Please only call the emergency line when a major repair occurs. These include:
- Any fire related issues (smoking, live wires etc)
- Actively leaking water
- A gas leak
- Flooding outside of the unit, such as the parking lot, etc)
- A non-working A/C unit on a very hot day (partial working does not qualify as an emergency)
- Any other issue that is extremely time sensitive
For all other maintenance request, please fill out a request either through your tenant account to through the website.
Lease Renewal & Move Out
Great question! We like to plan ahead! And so do most of our prospective tenants. Rental homes are very popular in Chico and we are sure you already know how competitive renting can be. We try to figure out who is going and who is staying so that we can pre-lease the home. We do this strategy to keep homes occupied . The prime leasing times in Chico seems to be in Spring which means we need to know before hand. We turnover 30+ homes each summer in just a few weeks. This takes a lot of planning and organizing to get everything turned over in timely manner. We don't mean to be pushy when we keep asking if you are planning to stay or go, but we are organizers and like to keep on top of everything!
We find that tenants like to plan ahead at least a month or two when they have to move (as you may have done), so it's important we allow them to see your unit before your move out date. This is legal pursuant to CIVIL CODE 1954. Our policy is to show your unit in group showings as infrequent as we can, usually once a week until a tenant is approved. If you have a special case or situation, please let us know we want to make this as easy as possible for you. You don't need to be present and will always be served with 24+ hour notice. Your lease also explains this process and grants permission to us.
Are you sure you want to leave? We would love to have you stay another year with us :) If you do plan to move out at the end of your lease, you will need to be aware of few things that will be happening before you even move out.
- Showings: We will start showings you home in the attempt to get it leased before it is vacant. We use a program called Show Mojo that lets prospective tenants set up showings. It will send you an email to let you know when your home will be shown. We aim to limit showings to once a week. We also aim to limit the amount of people in a showing so that your home won't be over run with strangers. We will also have an IPM showing agent present at all showings so please do not feel like you need to be there. Showings will continue until we are able to get a new lease signed.
- Maintenance Evaluation: This sounds scarier than it is. We just want to come in and make a list of things that we can anticipate to fix up at the turnover. This again helps us get our schedules in order for the summer turnover. We do not come in and look at what will be taken out your security deposit. If we find some items that are fixable, we might be sending in a maintenance technician to come back and fix up some things in your homes. You will always be kept in the loop with e-mails of when we are planning to come in. So keep checking those e-mails!
Crazy how time flies by! Start preparing now for your move out. When you do the leave the home for the last time, make sure all windows and doors are locked. To get the most possible refund, your unit must be clean. Review are our expectations. Some other tips:
- Remove all food, debris, and other personal belongings
- Clean (and defrost if necessary) refrigerator
- Clean stove, oven, and any other appliances
- Replace any burned out light bulbs
- Clean all floors and/or carpet
- Be sure grounds and lawn are trimmed, clean and free of weeds and leaves if you are responsible for the yard.
- Report any and all damage in writing Read more about moving out!
There is an awesome video on our how to pay rent page that shows you the features of your tenant portal. http://www.chicorentalproperty.com/tenants/how-to-pay-rent
Annual administrative fees are a yearly fee required on some of our homes. Each January, a $150 annual admin fee will be applied to your account. This fee is used, but not limited to, covering administrative fees, annual maintenance inspection and other costs associated with the maintenance and up keep of the home. If you have a question about if your rental home has an annual administrative fee, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have turned in keys and fully vacated the home, we will send someone in to do a inspection. Anything that needs to be cleaned or repaired (beyond normal wear and tear) will be deducted from your security deposit. You will receive an itemized list of any deductions taken from your deposit within 21 days and you should expect a check shortly after. If you have given us a forwarding address, please make sure to do so ASAP. Checks do not come out of our office and will need to be mailed. Read more about moving out!